Csuc Logo

Immigration Issues & Permits

To study at the CSUC, the prospective student should first have an offer of admission from the school.
International Students are required by Ghanaian law to obtain a resident permit to enable a smooth
stay throughout the duration of their study.

Upon arrival, International Students are advised to visit the International Students Services office
to apply for their residence permits with the following:

•A photocopy of your Non-Citizen Card (The Non-Citizen card cost $ 120.00. The Ghana Cedis
equivalence is accepted)
• A photocopy of your admission letter
• A photocopy of your current school fees receipt
• 3 passport pictures
• A valid passport (6 months valid at least)
• GH¢ 150.00 for processing fee for ECOWAS
• GH¢ 200.00 for processing fee (Non ECOWAS Countries)

Penalty to be paid for over stay:

• ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 30.00 / month (if you hold previous permit)
• GHȻ 60.00 / month (if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)
• Non ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 50.00 / month (if u hold a previous permit)
• GHȻ 80.00 / month ( if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)
Note: All amounts stated above are subject to change.

Important Note: Your passport is the most valuable document when you arrive in Ghana. You must
keep your passport in a safe place to avoid losing it. Students are advised to make photocopies of the
most important pages of their passports and store them in a  secure place. On arrival in Ghana,
all International Students must register with their respective Embassies/High Commissions
at their earliest convenience.


Acquiring A Non-Citizen Card
Dear International students, you are kindly informed that all foreign nationals who are residence
permit holders should register for a Non-citizen Ghana card with the National Identification
Authority (NIA). This is required by the Ghanaian law and is a MUST for all foreign nationals
living in Ghana. Without the above mentioned card, you will not have access to essential services
such acquiring a Driving License, Opening Bank Account, securing Resident Permit in the county.
To register, you must purchase a FIMS scratch card of $120 or its Cedis equivalent from any
CAL Bank branch in Ghana.

Registration is mandatory.
For more information contact:
NIA Office by calling
+233(0)501267280 / +233(0)501267262 / +233 (0) 303 318 581

Scroll to Top