The Finance Directorate is headed by Director of Finance who reports to the President, and has overall responsibility for the management of finance, procurement and contracts administration together with the co-ordination of strategic plan development and implementation. Specific responsibilities include:
- Directing and controlling all aspects of financial and procurement administration in line with University College strategy, statutory requirements and best business practice.
- Negotiating and liasing as appropriate with relevant external agencies both public and private in relation to finance and related corporate issues.
- Developing, managing and implementing the University College budgeting strategy.
- Directing the development and management of the University’s College physical resources
- Proactive participation as a member of Executive Committee; Management Council and various internal committees; Attendance at the University College’s Governing Council meetings.
- Directing the compilation, continuing review, updating and distribution of all financial and procurement policies and procedures relating to the University College.
Joseph Kofi Amankwah is a Chartered Accountant and a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants Ghana. He has over 20 years experience in the financial administration of both public and private Higher Learning Institutions.
Mr. Amankwah holds Common Wealth Executive Master of Business Administration from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science Technology and Bachelor of Commerce (BCOM) from the University of Cape Coast. He has been a conference speaker at several financial planning seminars for organizations, schools, and churches.
He has worked with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST). Joseph Amankwah served Prestige Capital Limited as a Business Development Consultant and also DHI College of Health and Education as a consultant. He is the Board Chair of Dosonec Hospital.
Mr. Joseph Amankwah has undertaken a number of professional development programmes including the following:
- Senior Academic Leadership Training – July 2012 – GIMPA, Accra
- Wealth Creation – May 2014 – Golden Tulip, Kumasi
- International Financial Reporting Standards on Aviation and Shipping, June 2016- Fiesta Royal Hotel, Accra
- International Financial Reporting Standard on Lease, Financial Instrument and Revenue Recognition, October 2016.
Currently, he is the Director of Finance at the Christian Service University College, Kumasi. His duties include facilitating the mobilization of funds for the University College in collaboration with the President; preparing annual budgets and annual statutory financial statements and ensuring regulatory and statutory compliance of financial policies for the University College.
Joseph Amankwah is passionate about financial resource management. He is an elder of the Church of Pentecost.