To study at the CSUC, the prospective student should first have an offer of admission from the school. International Students are required by Ghanaian law to obtain a resident permit to enable a smooth stay throughout the duration of their study.
Upon arrival, International Students are advised to visit the International Students Services office to apply for their residence permits with the following:
•A photocopy of your Non-Citizen Card (The Non-Citizen card cost $ 120.00. The Ghana Cedis equivalence is accepted)
• A photocopy of your admission letter
• A photocopy of your current school fees receipt
• 3 passport pictures
• A valid passport (6 months valid at least)
• GH¢ 150.00 for processing fee for ECOWAS
• GH¢ 200.00 for processing fee (Non ECOWAS Countries)
Penalty to be paid for over stay:
• ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 30.00 / month (if you hold previous permit)
• GHȻ 60.00 / month (if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)
• Non ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 50.00 / month (if u hold a previous permit)
• GHȻ 80.00 / month ( if you do not have any resident permit stamp in your passport)
Note: All amounts stated above are subject to change.
Important Note: Your passport is the most valuable document when you arrive in Ghana. You must keep your passport in a safe place to avoid losing it. Students are advised to make photocopies of the most important pages of their passports and store them in a secure place. On arrival in Ghana, all International Students must register with their respective Embassies/High Commissions at their earliest convenience.
ACQUIRING A NON-CITIZEN CARD
Dear International students, you are kindly informed that all foreign nationals who are residence permit holders should register for a Non-citizen Ghana card with the National Identification Authority (NIA). This is required by the Ghanaian law and is a MUST for all foreign nationals living in Ghana. Without the above mentioned card, you will not have access to essential services such acquiring a Driving License, Opening Bank Account, securing Resident Permit in the county.
To register, you must purchase a FIMS scratch card of $120 or its Cedis equivalent from any CAL Bank branch in Ghana.
Registration is mandatory.
For more information contact:
NIA Office by calling
+233(0)501267280 / +233(0)501267262 / +233 (0) 303 318 581